At a Glance
America Bangladesh University was established in the year 1995 with a view to provide American Standard curriculum in Bangladesh.
The quality of our teaching and learning is underpinned by the best staff: student ratios. Our professors teach at every level as well as are engaged in ground breaking research. Our work is audited regularly by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of Bangladesh and we have been supported by a strong Advisory Council.
America Bangladesh University (ABU) is always changing and growing. We invite you to visit our website for the most update information. We are always delighted to meet prospective students to discuss what ABU can offer you and to show around.
We have interest in the things that matter to our students, such as, IT facilities, library facility, network and academic support. We are going to establish a career service center. This will offer internship and encourage students’ enterprise.
America Bangladesh University is committed to transferring the knowledge of past generations to succeeding generations for their mental, moral, and cultural growth. Its dedication to human achievement-academic, personal, and vocational-predicates awakening and strengthening the intellect, character, and practical abilities of all students. America Bangladesh University resolves to from independent thinkers and doers who can provide service to their community and their nation in a constantly changing world. All students, regardless of their backgrounds, should be brought under the influence of imaginative, competent instructors who provide a survey of knowledge and who open channels of interest and occupation, in order to demonstrate alternate possibilities for achievement. Such a college stimulates, energizes, and matures the nation’s human resources. Believing in the worth of the individual, America Bangladesh University promotes shared commitment; hence, all students will be given responsibility for their own growth. As the university believes that post-secondary education is now essential for most citizens so the university accepts the responsibility of providing it according to highest standards. The board of trustee, administrators, faculty, and staff are committed to excellence in facilities, curricula, and methods to serve students representing a wide range of ages, interests, and needs.
The university welcomes students from all cultural, educational, and socio-economic backgrounds. America Bangladesh University pledges itself to excellence in the widest diversity of instruction of students from its community.
The vision of America Bangladesh University (ABU) is to become a leading university and remain as a top center of excellence in higher education and research. It aims at attracting good students, faculty and staff from all over the world.
The mission of ABU is to produce highly skilled labor force, visionary professional leaders and responsible and enlightened citizens. This mission is achieved by imparting high quality higher education, and training, and by conducting useful research so that individuals can achieve their intellectual, social, and personal potentials. ABU is committed to developing human capital by sharpening creative thinking. In addition to creation and dissemination of knowledge, its mission includes promotion of humanism and peace through higher education. As a social institution, ABU endeavors to induce changes for betterment of the society as a whole through public services, and through promotion of ethical behavior and social justice.
ABU also wants to create facilities for higher education to the students of Bangladesh at an affordable cost, keeping in view the challenges of the twenty first century. ABU is committed to develop human capital by cultivating creative thinking in individuals. It offers education through both campus and ICT based education.
To fulfill its mission, ABU applies five basic strategies:
(1) it offers socially relevant academic programs which meet the changing needs of the students coming from different backgrounds and seeking different career goals;
(2) it hires highly qualified and internationally trained academics to teach the courses or programs it offers;
(3) ABU, through a rigorous selection process, admits only those students who demonstrate the potential to pursue and complete the programs of study they select;
(4) it provides appropriate physical and electronic infrastructural facilities, logistic supports and an environment conducive to teaching, learning and research; and
(5) it practices the principles of good governance that ensure best management practices and encourage academic freedom and faculty governance.
Our Objective and Purpose
The purpose of university education is to contribute to the intellectual development of the individual, to promote personal enrichment and growth opportunities, and offer preparation for careers. America Bangladesh University, as a privately supported university, seeks to provide an excellent teaching/ learning environment in meeting the educational needs of the citizens.
Intellectual development and values of ABU
- provide an environment conducive to learning and teaching.
- Ensure that academic freedom is both encouraged and protected.
- Maintain high standards of teaching and scholarship.
- Establish high academic standards consistent with the role of a comprehensive public university and college.
- Set and enforce appropriate and consistent standards of admission.
- Integrity and Honesty
- Individual respect
- Commitment and Dedication
- Maintain Quality
- Passion and Performance
- Social, Ecological and Ethical Sensitivity