Office of Probation is responsible for identify students with academic deficiency, which means an undergraduate and graduate student having CGPA below 2.25 . The office monitors the probation students and provides special academic guidance and advising to the students to improve their academic performance. The objective of the Office of Probation is to increase academic consciousness among the students and improve the academic quality and image of America –Bangladesh university (ABU).
- Identifying the students whose CGPA is below 2.25 in undergraduate and graduate level
- Maintaining a database of the probation students, this is the heart of the program.
- Complete the registration procedure of the students under probation
- Informing the guardians of the probation students about their probation status
- Implementing the given decision by the Vice Chancellor regarding the suspension, termination or giving another chance of one more semester under academic appeal to improve their CGPA
- Preparing probationary record file for each of the probation and warning students
- Assigning counselors to the students for special academic counseling
- Distributing the probationary files to the counselors to keep the record of the performance of the probation students
- Monitoring the performance of the probation students as well as the performance of the counselors
- Preparing a statistical report of the probation program for the Vice Chancellor and the Deans of the Different Schools.