Dear ABU Campus Community,
All of us together — students, faculty and staff — work hard to create and sustain an environment that fosters the outstanding teaching and path-breaking discovery that is the core of our mission. The spirit of a university is as essential to its success as are the returns on endowment, alumni contributions, student recruitment and research funding. Indeed, that sense of community is vital to our distinctive identity at America Bangladesh University, where we pride ourselves on what we can achieve even while being much smaller than our peers.
But that also makes all the more important a reminder about our commitment to our academic mission, to each other and to our values. Three of those values – mutual respect, tolerance and civility – are especially important because they affect how we interact with each other on a daily basis.
Mutual respect, tolerance and civility are not only values, but they are incorporated into our policies at America Bangladesh University. We hope and expect that everyone at America Bangladesh University will put these values into practice, and thereby help nurture our diversity and create pride in our campus and in our larger community. We are at our best when we work to create an environment that fosters productivity, creativity and a sense of belonging among all members of the America Bangladesh University family.
Please join the Board of Trustees and my colleagues on the America Bangladesh University leadership team in strengthening America Bangladesh University ‘s commitment to these values in the following ways:
- Show respect for everyone on campus, regardless of position or office. It is disrespectful to be careless or to ignore the consequences of our actions and how they might make more work, and work more difficult, for others.
- Take care not to discriminate against any individual because of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, or disability.
- As part of America Bangladesh University’s commitment to affirmative action, help recruit and retain those who are underrepresented on our campus.
- Make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities, and stand ready to assist them.
- Remain alert to, and help eliminate, bad behaviors in the classroom, student residences and every other campus venue so that we all can participate and perform to our fullest potential.
- Respect the privacy and dignity of others in all circumstances.
For nearly a decade , America Bangladesh University has continued to grow into an ever more extraordinary university. Our ability to embrace our diversity and support all who make up this remarkable community will help ensure our continuing success.
Now we are in our permanent campus on a big area which can be termed as true university campus and student will have ample opportunity to develop their extracurricular faculties.
Professor Dr. Md. Ataur Rahman Miazi
America Bangladesh University(ABU)
Main Campus (Administrative Bhaban): 54/1, Progati Sarani, Baridhara-Nodda, Dhaka-1212
Present Address (Academic Bhaban):House # 03, Road # 10, Block # J,Progati Sarani, Baridhara, Dhaka-1212
Permanent Campus(Proposed): Mouja # Daulatpur, Union # Kailail, Up-Zilla #Nawabgonj, District # Dhaka – 1230