The vision of America Bangladesh University (ABU) is to become a leading university and remain as a top center of excellence in higher education and research. It aims at attracting good students, faculty and staff from all over the world.
The mission of ABU is to produce highly skilled labor force, visionary professional leaders and responsible and enlightened citizens. This mission is achieved by imparting high quality higher education, and training, and by conducting useful research so that individuals can achieve their intellectual, social, and personal potentials. ABU is committed to developing human capital by sharpening creative thinking. In addition to creation and dissemination of knowledge, its mission includes promotion of humanism and peace through higher education. As a social institution, ABU endeavors to induce changes for betterment of the society as a whole through public services, and through promotion of ethical behavior and social justice.
ABU also wants to create facilities for higher education to the students of Bangladesh at an affordable cost, keeping in view the challenges of the twenty first century. ABU is committed to develop human capital by cultivating creative thinking in individuals. It offers education through both campus and ICT based education.
To fulfill its mission, ABU applies five basic strategies:
- it offers socially relevant academic programs which meet the changing needs of the students coming from different backgrounds and seeking different career goals;
- it hires highly qualified and internationally trained academics to teach the courses or programs it offers;
- ABU, through a rigorous selection process, admits only those students who demonstrate the potential to pursue and complete the programs of study they select;
- it provides appropriate physical and electronic infrastructural facilities, logistic supports and an environment conducive to teaching, learning and research; and
- it practices the principles of good governance that ensure best management practices and encourage academic freedom and faculty governance.